MicroPure Air Purifier
The MicroPure Air Purifier kills bacteria, germs, viruses, mold, and yeast. This purifier mounts to your ductwork and works with your HVAC system all year long. The MicroPure produces an active cloud of air scrubbers that sweep through the home and seek out indoor contaminants, safely and effectively eliminating bacteria, mold viruses, mildew, smoke, odors, and pollutants in the air AND on surfaces. The resulting sterilization benefits both your health and the equipment.
Contaminates not only cause medical problems they also decrease the efficiency and reliability of heating and cooling systems. The equipment must exert greater effort to move air through dirty ducts and filters. This reduces its lifespan and results in higher fuel or electricity bills. Recently manufactured systems are more sensitive to ductwork contamination than older models.
MX4™ Ionic Oxidation utilizes propriety metallic technology and UV light energy to naturally produce ionic air scrubbers and destroy pollutants such as bacteria, viruses, mold, VOC's, mildew, allergens, and odors.
To ensure maximum effectiveness, install and maintain the MicroPure® system in accordance with installation and maintenance instructions.
- ALL NEW Ionic Oxidation eliminates pollutants in the air and on surfaces.
- Active purification throughout all living spaces 24 hours a day.
- Eliminates bacteria, mold, viruses, mildew, smoke, odors, VOC's, and more.
- Ionic air scrubbers destroy indoor contaminants anywhere the air goes.
- Unique air purification process even cleans air that doesn't pass through the HVAC system.
- Installs in any HVAC system.
- NASA-developed technology for use in the International Space Station.
- Long life warranty.
Because humidity and the conversion of water vapor to hydrogen peroxide is key to the performance of the MicroPure system, is there an optimum humidity level and is the MicroPure air purifier still effective in dry environments?
The more humidity, the more MicroPure creates hydrogen peroxide and other oxidizers. The MicroPure will not be damaged by high humidity levels. However, MicroPure is still effective at low humidity levels because dry environments have less organic contaminants than high humidity environments.
The owner's manual says to replace the UV bulb every two years. If the bulb is still operating at the end of the two years, does it still need to be replaced?
The UV bulb is the energy source which powers the photocatalytic reactor. The energy comes from ultraviolet light which cannot be seen with the naked eye. This UV energy degrades over time and after two years of continuous use the intensity will no longer be adequate for the MicroPure system to purify the environment. Consequently, regardless of whether the UV lamp is still visually operating, the bulb must be replaced after two years of continuous operation.
Who can benefit from a MicroPure unit?
- Occupants who smoke. (Yes, MicroPure can significantly reduce smoking odors!)
- Pet owners. Pets including dogs, cats, birds or other animals which create dander, feces or aerosolized urine
- Cooking odors and grease, especially ethnic food (MicroPure doesn’t cover up these odors, it breaks down the organic compounds that make up the odor!)
- Homeowners in high mold or mildew areas. (MicroPure kills mold that creates the musty smells, even down in the carpeting.)
Should MicroPure be switched to come on with the blower or be left on continuously?
For best indoor air quality ASHRAE recommends continuous operation of the fan providing proper ventilation. If the customer does not run the fan continuously, when the fan turns on there will be a short concentration of purification which dissipates quickly. If the MicroPure air purifier is connected to the blower circuit, the system will turn on and off frequently, causing the UV bulb to exceed its duty cycle (3000 cycles) leading to premature failure which is not covered by the two-year bulb warranty.
Is MicroPure an ozone generator?
MicroPure's UV bulb does generate a small amount of ozone but at the same time breaks it down to create hydrogen peroxide and other advanced oxidizers. What ozone is created is incidental and what ozone travels out into the room is insignificant - many times below the EPA limit. MicroPure is therefore not considered an ozone generator.
Does MicroPure have an electrical safety certification?
Yes. MicroPure has been certified for electrical safety by ETL, the largest NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory) in the world.
If the MicroPure air purifier is installed, is a whole house filter still required on the return air?
Yes! Filtration is important for two reasons:
- MicroPure not only kills biological contaminants and breaks down chemical contaminants, but it also conglomerates particles allowing them to be more easily pulled out of the air by a high quality filter.
- Certain contaminants such as cigarette smoke contain contaminants such as tar and nicotine which can coat the MicroPure core causing it to become ineffective. The MicroPure must be protected from contaminants found in cigarette smoke as well as grease from cooking. Consequently, a MERV 8 or higher particulate filter is recommended.
How do I tell of the lamp is burned out?
MicroPure is equipped with a mechanical indicator called a Light Pipe which reflects the light from the lamp to an indicator mounted on the faceplate, allowing the user to easily see if the lamp is still operational.
- 5" Model: 6"H x 6"W x 7"L
- 9" Model: 6"H x 6"W x 11"L
- 14" Model: 6"H x 6"W x 16.75"L
- Mounting plate: 8"H x 8"W
The MicroPure air purifier is available in 24V 50/60Hz and 120V/230V 50/60Hz (auto-switching) power supply models. The unit uses a detachable 9.8 ft power cord.
Approximately 2.6lbs - 3lbs.
For optimal performance, replace the MX4™ core every 4 years and the UV lamp every 2 years.
Express Home Services can help Utah homeowners purify their indoor air and keep HVAC systems running dependably for many years to come. Our experienced, well-trained technicians can mount high-quality ultraviolet lights in your ducts. We also perform related services, such as replacing furnace filters. For further details and a free quote, please dial 801-821-3017.